Friday, July 11, 2008

Chance



“The life of man is like a game with dice; if you don't get the throw you want, you must show your skill in making the best of the throw you get.”

Terence describes life in a way most of us don’t like to view it.

Most people like to think in one of two ways:


  1. I am in control and I will make the life I want. Nobody tells me what to do.
  2. God is in control and he sets my path. Everything I do and everything done to me happens for a reason, because God planned it that way.
In reality, nothing is that simple. For all God’s plans, we have choices that we control. Yet, everybody else has choices that they, too, control. And whatever your philosophical view of how this all comes about, in the end our choices always involve making the best of what we get.

So what will you do today to make the best of what you get?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice, this post is really scary... Can you read minds??? But I couldn't agree more... God doesn't throw you a note through the window telling you what the right choices are... He created you with a brain, you have to make the decisions in such a manner that would be acceptable for Him…

ICE said...

Nope, can't read minds, Pikie, maybe I was guided to post this...