Friday, July 25, 2008

What makes you, You?


How do you know you are not someone else, or even several other people. Each of us is different, but our identity is how we see ourselves.

It is a unique combination of values and characteristics that is very similar to many other people, but not the same. For instance, I am a Dad, a nature/sea lover, I guess a citizen of the world, a blogger, stubborn and positive!


There might be several others out there who share all these attributes, but my unique identity also includes hundreds or thousands of other attributes, and in most cases those attributes are not identical anyway. For instance, I love the sea and I like the mountains, but another nature lover might prefer bird-watching.

Our identity is not just in what characteristics we have but also in how we value each one.
Our self-identity involves what we see as important and as key to who we are. For instance, my self-identity does not include being stubborn. I know I am, but that’s just not part of my vision of who I am and who I want to be.

What is your self-identity. If you are challenged with self-esteem issues, it is important to define your self-image and self-identity so that you can revisit that identity in moments of weakness.

Be who you are and know who you are.
Take another look at yourself... You might be surprised by what you see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ysie!!

Die post van my laat my dink aan 'n slogan wat ek al gelees het: "You are unique.... Just like everyone else!"

Mooi bly

Leo

Muriel said...

Hi Ice

Ek het hierdie vandag nodig gehad.

Our identity is not just in what characteristics we have but also in how we value each one.

Ek staan nogsteeds by my Ag nee Wipneus inskrywing!! Mens moet ander met respek behandel!! Moenie ander seermaak en afkraak.

Dankie vir die....

Ek hoop julle het 'n heerlike naweek en geniet die swem ;)

ICE said...

Thanx julle!

Yip, die swem was Xcellent!

Muriel said...

he he dan is ek bly die swem was Xcellent!!

Jy gaan besig wees met jou meisiekinders die volgende weke!!

Geniet dit!!!

Ek het vergeet, gaan julle met vakansie?

ICE said...

Hoe kon jy vergeet het? Frankryk, vir 2 weke!!